We all know that Apple has built a high security to protect your data from any losses. You may also need to learn how to encrypt your iOS and Mac Backups to make the thing work greatly. Luckily, you will know all about it just by reading and doing the steps in this article. Are you ready?
For all Apple users, you can secure all the data which is on your device with the aid of encryption. When someone else gets psychically access to your phone, he will be required for a passcode to decrypt what is stored on it such as call logs, email, contact, instant messages, and more. If it happens, you should try this tip of how to encrypt your iOS and Mac Backups. In fact, the latest Apple product has programmed the encryption of the content by default. It is good, right? if you want to protect your data from any unexpected thing like stealing your device, you need to concern with this encryption to get the code that you are the one who knows it.
How to encrypt your iOS and Mac Backups to protect your content on the device
To do the encryption to your iOS and Mac Backups, you should follow this tutorial carefully. So, here are the steps:
Encryption for iOS backup
In fact, an encrypted backup on iOS is better than a non-encrypted backup. Why? an encrypted backup carries all the content like passwords. It is quite secure to protect your content. This is how to encrypt iOS and Mac Backups you should try on iOS encryption:
- Open you PC or Mac which has been synced with your iOS device, and launched iTunes. And if you already had the iCloud backup, it means that your data is secured and encrypted on Apple’s servers.
- Connect your iOS device to PC or Mac
- Click on phone icon which is near the upper left of the window
- Select “this computer” which is below the backup box as the backup position which.
- Then, select “Encrypt iPhone backup” box
- After that, you will be required to create a password. Please create a secure password and make sure that anyone does not the password. And, please note that when you forget the password, you cannot recover it. The password stays local, so be careful.
- Next, click “Set password”
- Now, you are waiting for the backup and encryption processes to be completed. And, it is done!
Encryption for MacOS Backup
The second method of how to encrypt your iOS and Mac backups is useful for you who want to make a backup on the Mac. To make the thin works perfectly, you may need the help of Apple’s Time Machine. Here are the steps:
- Open Time Machine which is located in the Launchpad’s in “Other” folder
- After that, select the disk where you want to back up your data. And, make sure that the disk is already plugged in and connected to the network unless it will not show in the disk’s list.
- Then, check in the labeled box “encrypt backups”
- Here, you will be asked for the password, and please create a strong and unique password but memorable. Once, you forgot the password, the password cannot be recovered.
That are the steps, the encryption process will start once you have set the password. The backup process may take so much time. Besides, the more data you encrypt, the longer will it take. So, be patient.
These tips of how to encrypt iOS and Mac Backups is the best ways to protect your data from any theft. And, let us know if you have any issue of the encryption process of iOS and Mac Backups. So, give the best try!