We all know that iPhone has a limited storage, right? And, if you receive a notification that your storage is running out, then you should try this tip of how to free up iPhone storage space by restoring from backup. Magically, your space will increase and you will not receive an annoying notification like that.
You all as iPhone users have been dealing with the storage is running out. Sadly, we all know that iPhone has a limited storage and we cannot expand the storage by putting an external memory in it. It means that you need this new info of how to free up iPhone storage space by restoring from backup. This problem comes expectedly. This irritating condition does not allow you to take photos or even videos. Even, you have been deleting the content like photos, videos, apps on your device, you still get a message which says your storage needs to be freed up. This inopportune condition may happen anytime.
Creating iPhone or iPad Backup
According to this condition, there are a lot of factors which cause this issue. Nevertheless, the important thing is that you can solve this problem by restoring your device. This way is more safety and avoids you from any losses data. So, we are here to help you out from this condition by giving you some tips to keep your storage free up. Try these tips below to free up your space.
The primary thing of how to free up iPhone storage by restoring from backup is that you should create a local iPhone. This way aims you to encrypt the data on your PC or Mac’s hard drive. Here are the steps to create it:
- First, you connect your device to the PC or Mac with the aid of a USB port
- If it does work automatically, you need to open iTunes in the Applications folder
- Go to near the playback control, at the upper left of the screen, click on the iPhone icon.
- Head over to “Backups” and click on the “this computer” button. Once, you have clicked on it, it means that you back up your data in your PC’s hard drive rather that iCloud. And, It is very safety.
- Then, tick the box beside “Encrypt iPhone Backup”. This encryption backup may include sensitive data which can be deleted when you restore from backup.
- After that, click on the “Backup now” button
- And, the backup process is starting.
It is good for you if you do not use your device while it is encrypting the data. That is the first step of how to free up iPhone storage by restoring from backup.
Restore iPhone Backup
After you have done from backup, now it is time to free your space up by restoring your device. Are you ready? Here is the way:
- Make sure your phone is still plugged in your computer
- Click on “Restore Backup..” button which is under “Manually Back Up and Restore”.
- Before restoring your device, you may be asked to turn off “Find my iPhone” by going “Setting” and then head over to “iCloud”.
- The recent backup will be selected by default for restoration. You can choose different file by using the drop-down list beside “iPhone Name”.
- Then, click on “Restore” button.
- You will be asked for iTunes password to unlock the encrypted backup,
- Click “OK” button
Note: you are not able to use your phone while the restoration. The process may take different times depending on the device’s storage. Luckily, this method of how to free up iPhone storage by restoring from backup works for all iPhone types. So, it is time to reclaim your storage!