Windows has Cortana, Google also has “Hey Google” as google assistant, and now, Apple has Siri as their digital assistant. For you who are the Mac users, this article will help you how to enable Siri as your virtual assistant on your Mac. We believe that you all are ready to use Siri as your virtual assistant.
This digital assistant called as “Hey Siri” has programmed on iPhone 6S and newer device. On iPhone, you can say “Hey Siri” on the system setting, this virtual assistant will be triggered. However, to make this virtual assistant work, you have to click on the Siri icon for taking inquiries. In case, you want to set up Siri as a voice command, there is a thing you should set up. This article of how to enable Siri as your virtual assistant on Mac can be the help for you to set “Hey Siri” voice command. Before you have “Hey Siri” voice command, you may need to launch Siri app on your Mac. As the result, you can use your voice to activate Siri as your virtual assistant on your Mac.
How To Enable Siri On Mac
There are several things you can do to set up Siri functionally on your Mac. We provide you a simple and easy ways of setting up “Hey Siri” as voice command on your Mac. So, here they are the steps to get started:
- At first, you need to launch the System Preferences on your Mac. The System Preference is commonly located in the Launchpad or in the dock. And, another way to find it by clicking on the Apple icon which is the upper left corner on your Mac, and selecting “System Preference”.
- Open it, and select Accessibility in the System Preference
- After that go down on the left menu bar, and choice “Dictation”
- At this time, tick the box labeled “Enable the dictation keyword phrase”. After that, substitute the wake phrase to “hey”. You also can enable “play sound when a command is recognized”. This setting can give a confirmation which can be the sign that your command is recognized.
- Next, click on “Dictation Commands”
- Tick on the box “enable advanced commands”, and then click the plus (+) icon.
- You will be asked to type “Siri” into the box which says “When I Say”. This box is located under “while using”. Please make sure that you select “Any Application”
- Then, you will find, “Perform” box, then click “Choose”, then turn on workflow, and the last is “other”
- A Finder window will pop up, then you have to select “Applications” folder from the menu. Now, you open the Siri by clicking on it.
- Once you have clicked, you will get back to the dictation window and click “Done” button.
That is the way of how to enable Siri as your virtual assistant on your Mac. After finishing the steps, now, you can use voice command “Hey, Siri” to help to do your things.
However, this feature also allows you to set up the invocation word as the apps’ name that you want to launch. For example, you wish to use “Safari” as your preferred app to launch. The steps are type “Safari” in the box of “When I Say”, previously, click “Choose” then run workflow next “other”. now, select “Safari” from your apps list. And, that is it. Now, when you say “Safari”, the app will launch automatically. In fact. When you say “Hey Siri, Open Safari”, it also works for the same thing. So, here is the way of how to enable Siri as your virtual assistant on Mac.